Wednesday, December 30, 2015

about to depart (the discovery of India road trip)

Wednesday, 9 December 2015

At long last, the day has arrived. After two months of hard work and little sleep, the day finally comes when we must fly to India. It is my first vacation of this year, and I am very much looking forward to it. Yet the excitement is not as palpable as I would have imagined it would be. With about 2-4 hours of sleep every weeknight, and no exercise to speak of, my body is fatigued, and my mind is abuzz with thoughts about international tax law. My constitution seems to be numbed, and I do not feel so very much.


This is not necessarily a bad thing. I would like to go to India with as little baggage as possible. Having spent a majority of my years in India, one might be tend to get the feeling that one knows the country well. I know but only a very few aspects of it, and of my idea of India is coloured by an urban bias. I think, or at any rate hope, that the numbness of my constitution will only help keep my India slate as clean as possible, by not burdening my trip with specific expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment