Sunday, August 6, 2006

Yellow


Its raining and I am listenin to yellow by coldplay. Its been raining all day today. God’s bladder has been overflowing and the Sunday has not been sunny at all. As I aimlessly punch the alphabets on this black Logitech keyboard, it has started raining heavily again and with the wind a lil rainwater sprays on my shirtless body. As I look out of the my open window on my right, is a young palm tree, at the other end of the playground from my house, with its bright glistening green fledgling leaves swirling in joy under a white neon tube-light seems like the head of a young girl swaying, losing herself, at a rave - in slow motion. The reflection of the neon light in the water clogged playground has the form of an hour-glass. Aother coconut tree, a little farther and much higher, sways and the movement is similar… just that the older tree is a silhouette against the background of an orange sky.

The sky is orange because of a huge chemical plant many kilometers from where I live has many chimneys that spew flames. On some days, the sky glows like the indicator of a car. It brightens and fades alternately… that is when the flames are flickering. I remember losing sleep over this strangely glowing sky as a child. I could not go to bed unless I had my mother by my side to give me a reassurance. I do not know what the reassurance exactly was about, but yeah… that was the only thing that could have me sleep – reassured.

As I listen to ‘yellow’, probably the fifth or sixth time in succession, it asks me to look at the stars and how they shine for me… and everything I do. I try to, but there are none that I can see.

And there goes my cell phone and I have to convince the person that I wasn’t sleeping. So, I am going to chat with that person online when we’re there. And ‘yellow’ tells me.. "the cloud is shining for you-ooo"! Yes, the clouds shine another shade of yellow.

I’ll listen to yellow another time as I chat with the person who’s just arrived online…. Cheers!

6 comments:

  1. Hi
    Nice post....
    Keep writing.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Takes me to vacant days and vela times when I would sit on the beach with friends and watch the sun set as it displayed its fading, yet brilliant glow on clouds. The silhouettes were sometimes brightened with the setting rays, so every evening the sky was a painter’s or a dreamer’s delight.

    Yeah, I guess I could go on, but....

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes.. this post was written at midnight...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey - not sure when u visited my blog but u left me a comment and recommended i read Leo Tolstoy's 'The Death of Ivan Illych". Well i ll definitely check it out sometime. By the way I have been writing more actively for the past week and also maintain my pics on flickr - http://www.flickr.com/photos/spd/

    Keep in touch. See ya.

    ReplyDelete
  5. People in India (a vast majority), are caught in a survival game of a very animalistic level; where days pass by and one sails through life on a boat with holes, where another opens as one is plugged. Where, in such a situation, do you think would one have the ability to appreciate that there can be immense beauty in soil and rocks or their oceans?

    I think that kind of apreciacion can come with only a fine boat wherein one can be assured that there will be no holes -that he/she can appreciate the beauty of the ocean that life is.

    ReplyDelete